This article contains some troubleshooting tips for situations students may encounter with their laptop and steps to take.
What should I do if I'm on my WiFi but can't access Canvas or other educational sites?
Try one of these methods:
- After connecting to a wireless network, simply navigate to any webpage and receive the Content Keeper login screen. Enter student username (without @mccsc.net or @mccsc.edu extension) and student password to authenticate. Sometimes devices lose their connection to Content Keeper and require students to sign back in as outlined above.
- Go to one of the areas with MCCSC drive-thru WiFi zones. See Technology/Connectivity for more information. Restart your device at one of those zones and sign on as you do at school. Try Canvas or one of those other educational sites. When you get home, connect to your WiFi and try the site again.
What should I do if my touch screen and keyboard stop working?
Try restarting your computer. Most times, this fixes the problem.
What should I do if my charger seems broken?
- Unplug the cord from the power outlet and from the computer.
- Disconnect the block from the cord.
- Reconnect the block, connect the cord to the computer, and plug the cord and block back into the power outlet.
What should I do if my computer won't come on?
Your computer is likely in sleep mode. Use these steps:
- Connect the charging cord and plug it in so your computer has power.
- Hold the power button for 30-45 seconds. Let the button go and a light should flash. The flashing light means your computer has woken up. Now try to turn it on.
- If the steps above don't work,
- Repeat step 2.
- Next, push the power button on and off two or three times.
- Hold the button again for 30 seconds and release the button.
Team to Contact
For additional information or questions, please put in a Help Desk ticket.