This article provides instructions for student on how to export their Minecraft worlds to Google Drive.
For teachers using Minecraft Classroom Mode, it's also good practice to export your world several times during student projects. This way if something happens to the world in Minecraft, a backup exists. The more often the world is exported, the more updated the backup is.
Note: Exporting does not remove the world from the Minecraft app. If users export the world and them import it, they might see multiple copies in Minecraft. Keep the most current.
You will need to perform this action for each world you’d like to save to Google Drive. Performing these steps will store your worlds on Google Drive even if you lose access to Minecraft Education Edition. If you are allowed to use the app at a later date, either at school or at home, your worlds will be waiting. This process will not remove your world from Minecraft but will create a backup copy in Google Drive.
- Open Minecraft and click Play. Then click the pencil next to the world you’d like to save.
- Clicking the pencil will open the Game Settings. Scroll to the bottom and choose Export World.
- Choose Export to Google Drive. If Drive, isn’t an option, install the Google Drive app from the app portal and start the process over.
- Choose a particular folder in your Google Drive.
- Here I chose Minecraft Worlds and then clicked Save Here. If you don’t have a folder ready, you may click the folder with the plus sign to add one in Google Drive.
- Click Save Here if the correct folder appears at the top of the box.
- You must click UPLOAD.
- Once your world exports to your Google Drive, it will appear in its designated folder.
- When you try to open the file, you’ll be alerted it is an unsupported file. No worries; just click the three dots in the top right and choose Open in.
- This time, click on the Minecraft Education Edition icon.
- When Minecraft Education Edition opens, you’ll notice the world is listed twice. Simply check the date to decide which world to delete. Then go to Game Settings, as described in step 2, but choose Delete World.
Team to Contact
For additional information or questions, please put in a Help Desk ticket.