Lab-Aids is an elementary science curriculum adopted by MCCSC at the beginning of the 2017-18 school year. Starting with the 2018-19 school year, Lab-Aids digital/interactive curriculum became available. The digital components are available via Canvas.
Instructor Setup Instructions
- Find your science class in Canvas.
- Add the Lab-Aids/SETUP external tool to your course and publish it.
- Go to Modules
- Either create a Module or choose an existing Module
- Click on the + icon for that Module
- Select “External Tool”
- Scroll to locate and select “Lab-Aids” and then click “Add Item”
- Ensure the module and item are published to provide students access
- Click the “Lab-Aids” link in the module, then “Load Lab-Aids in a new window”
- In the upper right hand corner of your screen, you will see "Welcome." Click the drop down menu and select account.
- Enter the Teacher Access Code: mccsc-teachers
- Teacher Content should now be available
Once you have enabled the Lab-Aids module in your Canvas course, students will be able to select it by clicking on "Modules". When Lab-Aids opens, they will need to select their account from the upper right hand corner:
They should enter the appropriate access code:
Student Access Codes for 2023-2024
- 6th grade: mccsc-students23-6
- 1000 students total for 3rd edition Ecology, Energy, and 2nd edition Exploring Space, The Earth in Space, Studying People Scientifically, Waves.
- 7th grade: mccsc-students23-7
- 1000 students total for 3rd edition Biomedical Engineering, Body Systems, Force and Motion, From Cells to Organisms, and 2nd edition Plate Tectonics, Rocks and Minerals, Studying Soil.
- 8th grade: mccsc-students23-8
- 1000 students total for 3rd edition Evolution, Reproduction, Weather and Climate, and 2nd edition Studying Materials, Chemistry of Materials.
They can then select Dashboard from the upper left-hand corner of the screen. All of their books will be visible!
Lab-Aids courses are not rostered (students are not linked to their teachers). Because of this, you won't be able to see courses or students within the Lab Aids Canvas app. Also, teachers cannot assign homework and tests through the Lab Aids app. You can use the item banks, but these will need to be exported and used outside of the Lab Aids app.la
Team to Contact
For additional information or questions, please put in a Help Desk ticket.