This article includes instructions on locking the computer screen while away from the desk for both Mac and PC (Windows).
It is best practice is to lock the screen when away to protect any information that may/can be accessed if the screen is unlocked.
- Lock the computer screen, when away from the computer.
- For best practice, press the Windows and the L key on your keyboard, at the same time.
- Press any key to log back in.
- Enter the network username and password to unlock the computer.
- To lock your Mac’s screen, simultaneously press the following keys:
Control + Shift + Eject.
- If you have a newer Mac that doesn’t have an optical drive (and thus has no eject key on the keyboard, such as the Retina MacBook Pro), the command is:
Control + Shift + Power
- The network password can now be entered to unlock your screen.
Team to Contact
For additional information or questions, please put in a Help Desk ticket.