Duolingo is an American educational technology company which produces learning apps and provides language certification. Language is ultimately a communication tool. Duolingo takes a functional approach by focusing on what learners actually want to do with a language.
Duolingo for Schools is a free layer of management that sits on top of the Duolingo language learning app. You’ll gain visibility into and a level of control over your students’ experience on Duolingo. Learn more.
Follow these steps to use Duolingo for Schools with your classes:
- Go to duolingo for schools https://schools.duolingo.com/.
- Sign in with Google or use your existing Duolingo account.
- Click Create a Classroom.
- Fill in the information on the subsequent screen and click continue.
- On the next screen, click share classroom link and continue.
- Instead of the link, you will need the six-letter classroom code.
- Go back to the homescreen (you can do this by clicking Duolingo for Schools at the top left of the web page).
- Click the gear wheel to access settings for your classroom.
- On the next screen, click on Privacy Settings.
- By default, the social and content features should be unchecked. Please verify this for each of your Duolingo for Schools classrooms. MCCSC blocks these social features for K-8.
- Give the code to your students. They will follow the student instructions to join your class.
Note: On the browser-based version of Duolingo, students are able to remove themselves from your Duolingo for Schools Classroom. If this happens, you will receive an email at the email address you use with your Duolingo for Schools account.
Team to Contact
For additional information or questions, please put in a Help Desk ticket.